Child Sponsor Program – Haiti
Approximately 15% of Haiti¹s children go to public school. It is a privilege to the most affluent families or those who receive help from another source. FOCAS¹ Child Sponsor Program was designed to raise support for individual children in the rural parts of Haiti to enable them to attend school, receive food and obtain medical care. Individuals volunteer to become a sponsor through FOCAS, and they are matched with a needy child.
How Do You Become a Sponsor?
FOCAS child sponsorship is easy. Just email or call to let us know of your commitment. We will send a CHILD SPONSORSHIP CARD for you to fill out and send back.
For as little as $25-$30 a month, you can make a difference in a child¹s life.
You can choose to sponsor either a boy or a girl. Either way, when we receive your CHILD SPONSORSHIP CARD, we’ll send you personal information on your child as soon as possible. All funds go directly to Haiti for the purpose in which it was given – -to help the children.
Are you ready to answer God’s call to help the poor? Ready to help lead a needy Haitian child into the joy of a personal relationship with Jesus? Return your CHILD SPONSORSHIP CARD today! or e-mail email@example.com. A child somewhere in Haiti is longing to hear from you.
Why Should You Care?
Primarily because the word of God tells us in many ways to share what we have with those who have not:
- “Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, to thy needy.” (Deut. 15:11)
- “Whoso stoppeth his ears at the cry of the poor, he also shall cry himself.” (Prov. 21:3)
- “Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me.” (Matt. 25:40)
- “He that giveth unto the poor shall not lack: But he that hideth his eyes shall have many a curse.” (Prov. 28:27)
By sharing God’s blessings with the children of Haiti, you can give a child a future, a new life and hope. Putting your love into action can make a difference for eternity in young lives.
What Happens Next?
Your love goes into action in several ways. Here’s what sponsorship provides for your child:
- The wonderful feeling of being loved by a Christian friend that he or she has not met, but who cares enough to be a sponsor.
- The opportunity to attend school. Only 15% of the children in rural Haiti attend school, and fewer than 25% of adult Haitians are literate.
- A uniform, books and supplies for school and a hot meal each school day. Things that many children can only dream about.
- Medical exam and treatment by the FOCAS Medical Team Mobile Clinic.
The strong ministry of FOCAS can grow even more effective only with the help of caring people who will reach out to the children of Haiti.
“I honestly know of no ministry that gets more bang for the buck. FOCAS has tremendous results at an incredibly low cost.” - Pastor Rodney Dukes, Montgomery Assembly of God Church, Cincinnati, Ohio.
“FOCAS is reaching the poorest of the poor with the love of Christ.” – Pastor Pat Murray, Living Word Church, Dayton, Ohio.
“I highly recommend the integrity and effectiveness of FOCAS Ministries.” - Pastor Michael Boys, New Life Christian Church, Cincinnati, Ohio.